Beautiful conditions, then winter fights back
A warm Friday and Saturday will give way to a cold front Sunday evening, bringing cooler temperatures and the chance for rain, snow and maybe even freezing rain
- Beautiful conditions expected today across the area, particularly in the eastern foothill and Rapid City as temperatures climb to almost 60.
- Plenty of sunshine for both Friday and Saturday, clear skies this evening with perhaps a few areas of fog.
- Sunday morning will remain mild, temperatures reaching close to the mid 40’s before a cold front crashes the party Sunday afternoon/evening
- Rain, Snow and light freezing rain look likely, accumulations up to 2″ are possible, with higher amounts in areas North near Harding, Perkins and Carter Counties.
- Temperatures will plunge going into next week, with highs in some cases only reaching the single digits.
- Another system around Tuesday will bring us additional chances of snow
Daily planner for today in Rapid City
Here’s current temperatures as of 4:30 this morning as you walk out the door
Here’s a look at the Upper level pattern going into Sunday afternoon and evening
Here’s a general overview of the next couple days