Average for once: Mild temperatures this week, rainy pattern
Daily chances for showers this week, before warmer temperatures look likely for the weekend
- A cool, variably cloudy day on tap for Monday. Temperatures will be around average for this time of year, from the high 40’s to the mid 50’s in spots
- Showers look likely this evening, but mostly South of I-90
- Showers are going to strafe the area at random starting Monday evening basically going into Wednesday morning
- Two distinct bands do seem likely, one overnight Monday into Tuesday and overnight Tuesday into Wednesday
- Some will be thundershowers, with tiny hail possible. Nothing that should cause any concern.
- The jet stream continues to meander close to Rapid City, giving us daily chances for showers.
- Thursday and Friday, at the very least, looks to bring warm and dry weather as a ridge tries to build into the region.
- Temperatures in the 60’s and 70’s will be possible Thursday through Saturday.
- Saturday night into Sunday will feature a trough, with showers and thunderstorms likely in the transition.
- The beginning of next week hangs on the jet stream moving either north or south of our area. As of Sunday, its sitting right on top of us.