A Burst of Winter: Quick moving system brings weather advisories
Winter weather advisories and wind advisories have been posted for Wednesday, with cold temperatures, light snow, and gusty winds expected today
For a list of school closures, you can click HERE
- Winds are already picking up as of 4:30 AM as upslope snow begins in the Northern Hills.
- Road conditions will be quickly changing over the next hour, make sure you are weather aware today as you head out the door.
- A quick snapshot of today shows a quick burst of activity before things get cold and windy.
- Make sure you are bundling up as conditions will get very chilly as we head into the afternoon.
Here are a quick look at road conditions as you head out the door.
- Winter Weather Advisories are in effect for the Northern Black Hills, Bear Lodge Mountains in WY and the I-90 corridor North of Rapid City to Sundance, WY
- 3″-5″ of snow are likely in the hills with higher amounts possible in isolated spots.
- 1″-3″ looks likely along the I-90 corridor, with all other areas towards the SD plains lucky to see an inch or two at the most.
- Gusty winds will also be a factor today as our fast moving system moves through – up to 50 MPH for areas just East of the Black Hills.
- Combined with patchy snow bursts, this could lead to visibility issues and poor travel conditions. Use caution.
Stay tuned for more updates, i’ll be adding to this article as the morning progresses! Thanks for sticking with us! – Brant