Pinterest Pick of the Week #5: Scratch Off Valentine's Day Cards
Pinterest Pick of the Week: Scratch Off Valentine's Day Cards
The cards were surprisingly very easy to make and only required a few items:
1. Acrylic Paint (we used silver, but any color can be used)
2. Dish Soap
4. Small paint brush
5. Card printed on cardstock
6. White crayon
1. PRINT: Print card design on cardstock (They can be downloaded as PDF files from this website http://patandlindsay.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-scratch-off-valentine-cards.html ).
2. WRITE MESSAGE: In the hearts that will be scratched off, write sweet things for your Valentine with a pen. Before you move onto the next step make sure the ink is COMPLETELY dry. A thin Sharpie may work best, but not necessary.
3. CRAYON: Cover message completely with a white crayon.
4. MIX PAINT: Mix two parts acrylic paint with one part liquid dishwashing soap. You don't need a lot, a little bit goes a long way!
5. PAINT: Paint mixture over the area that you covered with the crayon. You will need to be very liberal with your your application, as the wax from the crayon will act as a repellent. You can also repeat this process once it has dried. If the paint appears bumpy or uneven don't worry, because when it dries it will be perfectly smooth.
6. DRY: Due to the thickness of the paint and the fact that the paint can't be absorbed in the paper, the valentine will need to dry for about 1 hour before it is completely dry.
7. SCRATCH: Provide a penny for your Valentine to scratch off their personalized message that is just for them.